Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Update

Andrei talked with the judge at the appeals court today to find out more about the hearing and the appeal process. He and Sasha have never had one of their adoption cases go to an appeal before. He was told that we will have to be at the appeals court at 9:00 am on the 23rd, but we don't really have an appointment. We just wait there with all of the other people who are there to have their appeals heard and our name will be called when it's our turn. I can just see us sitting there all day waiting and they end up not having time to hear our case, but we'll hope for an early time. Once the decision is made, it is final. There is no waiting period and the prosecutor will not be able to make another appeal. The court should type up the decision that day so that we can go get Vacya immediately. Please continue to pray for a speedy resolution to this adoption. After the hearing, we will still have to get the birth certificate, passport, medical exam, and US visa. If everything goes smoothly, Vacya and I could be home within 2 to 3 weeks of the hearing.

5 comments:

Julie said...

I hope it all goes as plans. When will you fly out? Will Joe be staying in the US or going with you?

Aunt Julie

Maisy said...

Praying that all goes well, and that your "appointment" turns out to be early in the day. I know I'll be glued to your blog to find out how it went. Know that everyone is thinking of you, and praying for you.
Aunt Janet

Alaina said...

KISSES IN THE WIND (The Waiting Child's Lullabye)

I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams.
You are here each day with me, at least that's how it seems.

I know you wonder where we are... what's taking us so long.
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.

Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...
Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God hold you in His hand until I can be with you.
I promise you, my darling, I'm doing all that I can do.

Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.
But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night.

--- © Pamela Durkota, written for Josh

Maisy said...

Praying for you today!!!!
Aunt Janet

tammy said...

Hi, I am going thru an appeal in the Matveevka region. My coordinator haa not ever had an appeal, so I am desparate for information. Did you hire an attorney? Did you get to say anything to the appeals judge?
Any info would be welcome.

God bless,
Tammy at tammydetrixhe@yahoo.com