Saturday, May 17, 2008

Clinic

Vacya has been staying in the clinic on the orphanage grounds for the last few days because of his ear.  I'm still not sure if he really has an ear infection or not, but I think they've been putting iodine in his ear.  They use iodine for everything here.  I have children's tylenol and cold medicine here with me, but they wouldn't give him any of it.  They have their own regimen they said.  I'm worried that with him being in the clinic around other sick kids that he's going to catch something else and really be sick.  He's still been acting like he feels fine, though.  We'll see when we go out later today if he's back in with his class or still in the clinic.  I really don't want him to be sick on Monday when we have our court date.  I don't think that they would be able to say that he can't go to court because of an ear infection, but over here you never know. 

Vacya will have to have a medical exam when we go to Kiev before we can get his visa to the US. It is a medical clinic that is approved by the US Embassy here, so it should be fine.  We will still have him seen by a doctor once we get to the States also.  My mom has heard of a doctor down at Michigan State who is from Russia and accepts new patients that have been adopted from Russian speaking countries, so we will probably try to take  him there at first so that Vacya can understand him.

Last night I went to a sleepover/ ladies' night with Tammy that was for the group of missionary women here.  We had a good time eating and talking (in English!!!).  Many of them I had either met before through Shelby or at least heard about from when Shelby lived here.  One of them is from Charlotte, MI and I actually went to church camp with her sister when we were younger.

Our court appointment is at 2:00 on Monday, which is 7:00am at home.  We would appreciate your prayers for everything to go smoothly.

5 comments:

Maisy said...

That's so cool that you were able to connect with other English speaking women over there. I remember my first teaching job, about 4 hours away from home. God sent a friend from college that way, and it was totally "REFRESHING" to my soul.
I'll definately be praying for Vacya. Hopefully, he won't catch anything at all, except maybe the "healthy" bug. LOL.
And I'll definately be praying for your court date Monday.
You both can pray for my husband, Charles also. He will be having Septoplasty and Trubinate surgery on Tuesday. A week recovery with quite the black nose and eyes. Owen's talking about it now....he asks, "Is today the day daddy will be fixed?" Funny.
Aunt Janet

Julie H. said...

I am praying that Vacya is well and they don't try to keep him from the court date. I am hoping that everything goes smoothly and that you can get the 10 days waived! I am glad that you got to get together with some girls from home, sounds like it was a great night. Way for Charlotte to represent :) That is fantastic that your mom found a doctor that can speak Russian, that will be of great help!
Remember during this long journey that "The joy of the Lord is your strength" Nehemiah 8:10 KJV.
We are praying for a great day in court tomorrow and that you will be able to take Vacya with you at that time. God Bless
The Hartleys

Uncle Matt & Aunt Raelinda said...

It is only about 8 hours from your court appointment and our thoughts and prayers are with you. Thanks for keeping us posted this far. I look forward to the great news yet to come.

love, Aunt Raelinda and Uncle Matt

Julie said...

Joe & Jaime,

I tried to call you yesterday to wish you luck on your court date, but I only heard Jaime's voice for about a second, then my connection was broken. I tried again and it didn't go through. So, I just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you. I'm anxious for you to post on the blog today so that we can hear how things went.

XOXOXO
Aunt Julie

Dad / Mom Wager said...

We woke up all through the night
and prayed.
I wanted to call you first thing this morning!!!
I spoke with Unka Bill and he too sends his thoughts and prayers.
Love Dad and Mom.