Tuesday, July 22, 2008

More delays

Apparently during the 10 day waiting period people can pick up an application to appeal, but the application does not have to be filed for 20 days. As far as we know, the prosecutor did actually already file the application for the appeal. However, in order to appeal, the person has to have been a participant in the original court hearing. The judge never recognized the prosecutor as a participant in our hearing, so her application for the appeal should just be thrown out. Today our judge talked with the appeals court judge and he thinks that it should be thrown out by Thursday and we can move forward. We've been told a lot of things in the last 3 months though that haven't exactly worked out how we thought they would, so we'll just have to keep praying and hoping for the best.

On another note, my stomach has been bothering me almost constantly lately. I can't eat much of anything without being in pain. Since we were only home for 3 weeks back in May/June, and didn't know when we'd have to return to Ukraine, I couldn't have my gall bladder surgery. We also just found out that my brother most likely has Celiac's disease, which is hereditary, so I could have that too, but can't be tested until I get back home. If I do have Celiac's I will have to go on a gluten-free diet, but it's kind of hard to check ingredients when the labels here are all in Russian or Ukrainian. So, I may just be eating fresh fruits and vegetables until I can get home and figure out what's wrong.

7 comments:

Julie said...

Jaime - I'm sorry you're experiencing this stomach pain. I'm anxious for you to come home. Did you find out what grounds the prosecutor is using for appeal?

jw

Kevin and Tammy said...

We will pray for the dismissal of the appeal. I hope that your pain will subside for you until you can get home. You are in our prayers.
Tammy

Dad / Mom Wager said...

Jaime,
I am sorry that every part of you hurts right now from your stomach to your heart.
Monday when I got off the phone with Joe just after learnng about appeal I again turned to our Lord. In the back ground was TV Gospal music videos & immediately the music video that had been showing stopped in the middle of the video and froze. All of a sudden the new song by Diamond Rio started playing.
It was God Jaime.

Here are part of the lyrics;

In God, we still trust here in America
He's the one we turn to every time the goin' gets rough
He is the source of all our strength, the one who watches over us
Here in America, in God, we still trust.

Kids,
I know that you guys just want to leave and come home and this will soon happen.
Read Psalms 37 together,again.
Is life unfair? Psalm 37 ponders this question doesn't it? The success of wicked people won't last, people who do right will flourish. God never abandons.
Many across America are praying and God reminded me of this.
Here, in America we still trust in God.
We hav emade known our prayers to God to have the appeal thrown out.
Hugs, Mom

Julie H. said...

J&J,
I am so sorry for all the delays that you guys have encountered. You have tons of people here praying for you everyday, that this will move forward in a positive way. Jaime- I hope that this also gets resolved so you can get home and get yourself much needed medical care. Lots of LOve and Prayers Julie

Uncle Matt & Aunt Raelinda said...

heys guys, your troubles over there are on the hearts and prayers of my coworkers. We are all just dumbfounded at the differences in mindset in different countries. You have been led there by the LORD and you will also be led home. I am praying that it will be sooner than later.

I do have faith in the judge you have since he dismissed that prosecutor so she could not appeal. At least you have him on your side in this battle. I am sure, however, that God is your most worthy ally!

Keep looking up,
Aunt Raelinda and Uncle Matt

Maisy said...

Praying for you all the time.
Aunt Janet

Scates Family said...

We are praying very much that all will work out quickly. The boys say hi! They are watching Fraggle Rock right now! Do you remember that show from when we were kids?
Today Malachi has a dentist apt. Michael had an interview yesturday and had to take a pre-employment test it had lots of math questions, which of course is his best subject! He passed! Today he goes back in for a personality test! Friday we (mom, Sarah and boys) are going to School Section Lake for the day. Cousin Steve Dow and family were here from Kansas. They send their best, they pray all goes well and you will be back home soon.
WE ALL WANT THAT! :)
Sister Sarah.