Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Unbelievable

When I talked to Joe yesterday, he said that Andrei did make it down to Simferopol. When Andrei went to the appeals court, he found out that the prosecutor had actually appealed our first court hearing, which was on May 19th, not the latest one. So... she was way past her 20 days to turn it in, not to mention that the judge's decision on that case was no in the first place. That was why we changed our application to be just in my name. There should be no question now that the appeal will just be thrown out and Vacya will officially be ours. Andrei was hopeful that the appeal would be thrown out today, but I haven't heard from Joe yet to know for sure.

8 comments:

Jeri said...

Gosh, if only you had gone home a month ago! Isn't it always the way...but,you're able to rest and be ready to go back and get your son! I'm sure you would rather not make the Guiness book of longest in country for an adoption but maybe you've earned it.

Someday, your labor will be just as any labor for a child will be...a distant memory but the knowledge to your son about how hard you've fought for him will be there forever. Yeah, I'm so glad it's good news...when I saw Unbelievable, I was afraid to open the post. Jeri, mom of Alex from Sumy

Lacie said...

YAY!!!!! OH! I am so happy for you! We will keep praying things go seamlessly from here on out! Miracles do happen, right! :) Hugs,
Lace

Julie said...

Joe & Jaime,

I am so anxious to see if the appeal is thrown out today. I can hardly stand it. What a strange development. This prosecutor IS unbelievable. That's the only way to put it. I can't understand what gratification she possibly could have gotten out of all of this. Anyway - post as soon as you know anything!

Aunt Julie

Maisy said...

Okay, now I'm on the edge of my seat, glued to your blog. LOL. Hope you hear good news from Joe soon. Praying for you all.
Aunt Janet

Julie said...

Okay - I'm back - I'm checking all the time.....C'mon Joe! Call Jaime!

Aunt Julie

Julie H. said...

How could the appeal even be accepted in the first place then? You guys should be able to go and pick up Vacya as soon as you get back. Even though I am on vacation I am checking every day for new posts. I keep waiting for my cell phone to ring!
Lots of Love,
The Hartley's

Dad / Mom Wager said...

Joe,
Are you feeling better? I understand that you & Tammy were unbearably ill Sat, Sun and Monday.
Hang in there baby.
Love, Mom

Uncle Matt & Aunt Raelinda said...

Love to hear just a bit of good news. as always, praying for things to go quickly and smoothly.

love matt and raelinda